Thursday, March 22, 2012

Venice Carnival


Venice is beautiful! I did a day trip with bus2alps.com for 89 euro. You must visit here if you are in Rome. The best time is when they have the carnival. It is like a big party and everyone is dressed in costumes. Venice is pretty small so a day is plenty of time to explore. However, some might say it is not because they don't know how to get around but here is my tip; JUST GET LOST. Getting lost has been the best way for me to learn my way around a place and meet new people. Plus I run into things that I wanted to see anyways. There are many little shops so getting lost is perfect because you find a unique store at ever corner.

If you can bargain this is a good skill because Rome and Venice it is all about bargaining. Here is a good tip. When you walk into the entrance there is many booths that sell masks. Masks are only 5 euros if it is not a full mask. If they don't agree to it then walk away. This usually signal a lost of customer so they will wave you back and sell it for 5 euros. If not try it at the next booth.

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment