Friday, April 6, 2012

Greece 10 Days


(Toga Party)
For spring break Nathalie, Erin and I decided to go to Greece with Bus2alps. It is a 10 day trip and we stop at Corfu, Athens and  Santorini. They provide transportation, hostels and some dinners.

Corfu was very small and private. There are a couple of things to do here. First is the beach. It is still chilly out but it's perfect for laying out and not swimming.

Second is the APV which are quads. The hostel provide a tour on AVP threw the city. It is amazing because you really get to experience the historical and modern town. People are excited to see us and they all come outside to greet us. It's like they are watching a parade. This excursion is about 5-6 hours and take up a lot of energy. They also provide lunch. (If you don't like driving or not comfortable with quad I wouldn't suggest it.)

The third excursion is the booze cruise. I did not do this personally. However, I known people who have. It stops at 2-3 places and it is a big party on the boat. From what I hear it is crazy, too crazy for me!

The hostel (Pink Palace) provides dinner for free and lunch at the bar for 5 euros. I suggest buying lunch here because it is pretty cheap and the food is good. Lunch comes with whatever you choose, fries and bottle water or beer. I personally don't drink beer but my roommates did and they told me I should try it. It's really different from home. It's pretty good but still not my cup of tea. Pink Palace also sold souvenirs. For 1.40 euros you can purchase a postcard and they will mail it for you which is awesome.

Athens is our next stop. We do not stay here very long. Bus2alps does a 3 hours tour of the city. Definitely where tennis shoes because there are rocky paths and speed walking involved. This is a city filled with history. Go to ever monuments because with your International Student ID you'll get in for free. It is a marvelous city overall and amazing for pictures.

Athens do have beaches. It is still pretty chilly to go to the beach. The beaches here are not sand beaches but instead rocks/pebbles. Walking barefoot will hurt.

Santorini is our last stop. This is usually what shows up on search engine when you search Greece. The place where the buildings are white and the roofs are blue. We visited two different beaches. First beach is a black sand beach and second beach is a red sand beach. Bus2Alps does a tour of the city for 20 euro. This is a must do because you get a nice tour of the city and also wine tasting is involved.
(Black Sand Beach)



I loved Greece!!! I think it's way better than Rome. The city is enormous and the food is amazing. There are all type of cuisines and not just Italian food. Landmark are amazing and the view is beautiful. Everything is also less expensive. I really recommend to try a gyro and some wine. Even if you don't like gyro or wine Greece will change your opinion.


Ciao for now

No comments:

Post a Comment