Friday, April 6, 2012

Rome Update

I am a little over halfway into my study aboard experience. After traveling around Europe I came to see that Rome is the not the cleanest place. People are not very nice and personal space is non-existence. Even the elderly are very pushy and mean. Sometime it makes me mad but then I remind myself that it's just their culture.

Italians love their pets! Dogs are everywhere and all different size. Animals are allow in restaurants, on bus and in stores. However, they are very well trained because 80% of them are not on leases and they do not leave their owner side. Do not pet their animals unless you ask or they acknowledge you because they get very offensive.

School here is very different and difficult. For business classes they tend to do a lot of group work and you do not get to choose your group. Teachers here do not really teach. It's more like an independent study in my opinion. Text books are international and not very helpful in certain subject such as accounting. Some teachers do not even have text books so you have to rely on their lectures. When a professor say quiz it really mean exam because their quiz are about 40 minutes long.

There are still a lot of places I still want to visit while I am here. Here is the list of places I still want to visit and I am sure you will read about 2-3 of them before I return to the United States.
  1. Paris
  2. London
  3. Amsterdam
  4. Morocco
  5. Florence
  6. Naples
  7. Sisely 
  8. Budapest 
  9. Prague 

No comments:

Post a Comment